Saturday, October 29, 2011

Joyful Thoughts

Joy in the Journey, Day 28
Thoughts on Joy:
Pretty things bring me joy. Words bring me joy.


More images HERE.

This is a series I am doing for the month of October. If you are new, you can start HERE.
 Today I Found Joy in My Journey:
--making a delicious, and I mean delicious, salad for a party out of the meager fixings in our fridge. It was like a mini miracle I tell you. And the guy that saw that it had garbanzo beans in it and dumped his helping back in the bowl when he thought no one was looking totally missed out.
--seeing all the cute kids dressed up for the Trunk or Treat at church.
--eating dinner with my husband in the rain. Totally more fun than it sounds. I was resistant to the idea at first but he talked me into it and it was actually quite pleasant. We just had to eat our bread first so it wouldn't get soggy.
--talking to a friend on the phone for a few minutes and making big plans for her baby shower.
--getting the costume box down from the attic and watching my three older kids come up with their costumes all on their own. Resourceful, imaginative and independent boys. I love it!

 What brought you joy today?
Other posts HERE





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching Veggie Tales with my youngest son. He somehow missed them when he was younger - we are hooked again - especially on the silly songs with Larry.

xoxo michele

Anonymous said...

Dearie,

I put a funny photo of you on my blog. Let me know if you don't like it. I think you look so happy in it.

love love,
Kitty

p.s. Thank you for the chit chat. You mean the world to me. hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.


My homepage vouchers