Friday, October 28, 2011

Autumn Picnic

Last week our family went on kind of an impromtu autumn picnic. I fried some chicken, made sweet potato biscuits and autumn apple salad with brownie cupcakes for dessert. 

We went to the arboretum on campus and had a lovely time enjoying the crisp fall air and pretty autumn flora.
 
 
The boys wanted to explore so it was a little difficult to get them to sit down and eat, but in the end the delicious food won them over.

 
I was excited to have a day that was cool enough to wear my new hat from my cousin's Etsy store. Cooler days are coming. More hat weather ahead. Hooray for hats!
 Check out Bandaloop Gardens for gorgeous, high quality, wickedly warm hats.

Aren't picnics the berries? I think we'll have to plan another one before winter comes. I need a good excuse to fry some more chicken and bake some more of those sweet potato biscuits.

What are your favorite picnic foods?

No comments: