Sunday, April 1, 2012

National Poetry Month

I am super excited for April. Not only is it my birthday month and Easter next week, it's National Poetry Month as well. I don't think it can get much better. I have big plans to celebrate by reading a poem every day this month and maybe even writing one or two of my own.

Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood. ~T.S. Eliot
Do you want to join me? I'll make sure to tell you which poem I read each day in case you need any suggestions.

Do you have a favorite or poem or poet? Not me. I can't choose. There are too many that I love.

Happy National Poetry Month!

P.S. Today's poem: "The Love-Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot

2 comments:

mctrovato said...

I am so happy to see Langston Hughes front and center in your awesome photo collage - he is definitely one of our favorites, and the library carries so many of his works of poetry in books for children.

Love this!!

xoxo michele

Predilections said...

Thanks Michele! I have been enjoying the poems on your blog as well. Good stuff! I will have to look for some of Langston Hughes's children's poetry this month. I think we'd love that.