Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November Bandwagon

I'm going to jump on the gratitude bandwagon here. I know we should be thankful all the time and not just leading up to Thanksgiving--and I do try to be--but there is something about actually writing down my blessings that really helps me.

With the days getting shorter, the weather getting colder, the trees getting barer and the family wallet getting thinner, I find myself already slipping into the seasonal slump that afflicts me every winter. One of the things that has helped me during dark days in the past is keeping a gratitude journal or a blessing list.
Cute print from "My 3 Monsters"

I like using my blog as a journal of sorts, so you, dear reader, will get a peek at my list this month. I'll get the most obvious ones out of the way first:

1. Jesus Christ. He's my Savior. I'm grateful for His grace every single day.
2. My husband. He works hard. He's a good dad. He's smart. He lives the gospel. He makes me laugh. He's kind. He thinks I'm beautiful. What more could a girl ask?
3. My boys. Nothing brings me more joy than my children. I love them beyond reckoning.
4. My family--the one that I was born into and the one that I married into. They all have my heart.
5. My friends. I seriously have some of the best friends in the world. I don't know why I've been so blessed in the friend department but Heaven has smiled on me for sure.
6. My home. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like it.
7. Getting clothes out of the dryer on a cold night. I think I may take a nap under the clothes I just got out of the dryer. That's almost as good as folding them, right?
8.Technology--I love technology. Always and forever.
9. My ultra-quiet, super-cleaning, amazing dishwasher.
10. Modern medicine. With the sugar-induced headaches I've had for the last week, I'm grateful for good ol' NSAIDs.

Another cute print from "Spiritually Thinking".

If you are a Scrooge or think being thankful is for the birds, you might want to just come back to my blog in December. I made a goal for myself to try to blog every week day, Monday through Friday, even if it's just a few words, and my plan for November is to include at least a couple of things I'm grateful for in my post every day.

No comments: