Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't Judge a Present by Its Wrapping

We were invited to a white elephant party this past weekend. You know it's good when your cheeks hurt from smiling at the end of the night. We were super excited about the gifts we brought and felt that we had some of the best offerings of the night; my husband brought a Michael Jackson belt buckle circa 1984 and I found a book at the local thrift store called Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs (how's that for a title?).  We laughed about that book and had several friends making plans and vying for it.

Anyway, our silly contributions made us laugh and that's what white elephant parties are all about right? Laughing.

I took Tank with me on a little walk around the neighborhood before the party to collect some greenery to pretty-up my package. I think packaging is an important part of any gift. A well-wrapped gift makes you excited for what's inside.
Only sometimes the wrapping is better than the present (especially where white elephant gifts are concerned).

P.S. In case you are wondering, we came home with a hideous Halloween mask (that I want out of my house as soon as possible) and a partly used candle and some shower gel from Bath & Body Works. Awesome.

P.P.S. My "R" on my keyboard has decided to stop working properly. If I have any egregious typos, please forgive them. I keep typing "fiend" instead of "friend" in emails and such and I just know one of these times I am going to miss correcting it.

No comments: