Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Just One Little Light

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I last posted on this blog. 2016 was a rough year. Two of the hardest things I've had to deal with in my 40 years happened. I sent my oldest son off to college and we found out that my mom has stage III ovarian cancer (she only has a few weeks left of chemo and seems to be doing really well. The prognosis is good). Both of those things happening at the same time sent me into a serious funk.

Every time something big or exciting would happen--my 40th birthday, prom, a graduation party, drives across the country, among other--I would think, "I should blog about this". But I didn't. I struggled in 2016--especially the second half of the year. And strangely, even though my kids are all in school and growing up, somehow my days seem busier than ever. When I wasn't running my kids around to their various activities I spent a lot of time feeling sad and retreating to my room to hide under my blankets.

The new year felt like a fresh start to me. More so than any new year before that I can remember. After thinking long and hard about my word for the year, I finally found one that I was really excited about. My word for 2017 is "light".

So all of this is pretty much just to say that I started a new blog focused on light (because I am a blog addict and I always feel compelled to create a new space on the web that is just for whatever my current passion may be. I can't help myself). I am not abandoning this blog. I still have plans to post awesome things on it in the near future. I have actually really missed blogging. I'm going to use the new blog as a spot to share ways to spread light, experience light, embrace light, and be a light. I have some ideas I want to share regarding some opportunities for service that I am excited about. I also just want to share the little day to day things that are making my life more bright. I hope you will check it out: Just One Little Light.

See you soon.

1 comment:

Thelma said...

I am happy you're back to blogging. 2016 was a little rough for me too. Here's hoping for better things in 2017!