Friday, March 11, 2016

Five Things I'm Loving This Friday (Episode 2)

I had a little down time today and decided to share some more Friday favorites.

1. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS.
My friend Danielle sent me a link to "Stressed Out" by TWENTY ØNE PILØTS a few weeks ago and I have listened to a bunch of their stuff since then. I'm digging the pop-punk vibe of this band. It doesn't hurt that they hail from my high school home state of Ohio. Also check out their songs, "House of Gold" and "Tear in my Heart".  Disclaimer: the latter two music videos are a little weird but the music is definitely catchy.

Source.

2. Men's Fashion. 
In the last year or so I have discovered that I love men's fashion. Is this weird? Maybe, but as ZZ Top wisely observed, "every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man." I guess I can't speak for every girl, but I love seeing my husband and sons dressed up. When we went to the UK I noticed that European men are really well dressed as a general rule. I started a Pinterest board several months ago for fashion advice and ideas to share with my husband and just recently I started following a couple of men's fashion Instagrammers (@chrismehan; @jtjaarda; @callmemistersteven). Did you know "#chestie" is a thing? I was slightly hesitant to check out that hashtag (as you might imagine), but I was pleasantly surprised to see the whole feed was lots of headless torso shots of men wearing dapper bow ties, crisp button down shirts, pocket squares, cuff links, stick pins and nicely tailored jackets. Like these:

Source.
Source.
Source.
Also we randomly started getting a Charles Tyrwhitt catalog in the mail and I'm in love.

3. Podcasts.
Okay. So, I love these every day. This is no secret. I've shared some of my podcast love before but here are a few more that I've discovered and am enjoying:
99% Invisible
The Memory Palace
The LifeBeats Project
I like podcasts because I can put them on while I'm dong otherwise mundane work like cleaning my room or folding laundry and I feel like I'm learning something.

4. Vintage Photography.
This appeals to my love of history and my love of photography so I've enjoyed perusing a few vintage photo sites in my spare time lately. I love it when I come across gems like these. . .

Targa the elephant disembarks from the circus train in the Bronx as most of her young visitors watch (1963). |Photographer Paul Rice. Source. 
The pet fawn of Brad Curry of Galesburg, MI watches him depart from home every morning on his school bus (1960) | Photographer: UPI Telephoto. Source

and this:
Dapper skater in 1937. Source. 
5. Easter Candy.
Easter candy > all other candy. This is truth. Don't try to dispute me on it. I pretty much love it all--Cadbury Creme Eggs (don't hate. I've found that a lot of people think these are gross, but I LOVE them), jelly beans (I'm partial to the Jelly Belly variety), malted Robin's Eggs, Reese's Eggs, Peeps, marshmallow eggs, those carrot shaped packages of orange Reese's Pieces. . .

I even tried the weird carrot cake flavored Hershey's Kisses and they aren't half bad. Confession: yesterday I ate a good quarter of a bag of SweetTart jelly beans and found myself feeling ill and craving broccoli afterwards, but Easter comes but once a year so I have to get my fix while I can.

Other Stuff I'm Loving:
Laughing at this guy
Loving this spiritual enlightenment
Giggling over this Etsy store
Re-watching this on Netflix. Again.
Imagining I'm real life friends with the writer of this blog.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I have a major Easter candy problem too. We won't discuss how many peeps I eat in a normal Easter season. ahem. I like all the ones you listed except the creme eggs. I am also hunting for the circus peanuts type rabbits and chicks....! And the marshmallow eggs have yet to be found....!