Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Recap

I had a pretty fantastic weekend. Saturday I got to spend a couple of hours with one of my dearest friends at a church youth activity that my older boys were attending. We enjoyed the band banquet Saturday night. Seth sat with his friends. Apparently that's the custom around here. The parents aren't cool enough to sit with, I guess. We sat with some of the other parents that we are friends with and enjoyed visiting with them.
Here is Seth with the much stressed over poster I made for the banquet. Per tradition, the parents of the seniors all make posters of their kids. I don't know why this stressed me out so much, but the end result was fine.

Seth's high school marching band career is finally over. It was a great experience but I won't miss the time commitment. I'm so thankful for the friends he has made through the band program and for the opportunity it has given him to develop a talent.

A few of the other marching band seniors last weekend at Senior Saturday.
I'm glad Seth has this great group of kids as friends.
Yesterday church was inspiring--great talks, good lessons, an outstanding musical arrangement of Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy (one of the sisters that sang has a singing voice that reminded me of Zooey Deschanel), opportunities to lift others and reflect on the grace and goodness of God.

View of my backyard (and beyond) when we arrived home from church on Sunday.
The skies were blue. The air was crisp. I had a great nap and awoke feeling refreshed (instead of with a headache like I sometimes do after Sunday naps). We had sweet and sour meatballs for dinner. Some friends stopped by to drop off some delicious homemade bread and my house was a complete disaster so after they left, my boys helped tidy the house for the coming week. After everyone was in bed I made a pound cake for tonight's FHE (Family Home Evening) treat.

I also worked on a design project this weekend. I really love doing that kind of work, so if anyone you know needs custom wedding announcements, shower invitations, birthday party invitations, birth announcements, Christmas cards or whatever, point them my way.

Today I'm going in to work to finish up training, but I already have dinner in the crock pot. I'm working hard at staying on top of things but I can already tell that it's going to take a little balancing to learn how to do everything on the days when I work.

Things I'm thankful for:
Blue skies
Warm Coats
Homemade bread
My ward family

No comments: