Thursday, November 5, 2015

Things I'm Thankful for This Thursday

Amazing how a good night's sleep can change your whole outlook on life. I was hating my life just a couple of days ago, but now I'm feeling ready to press forward.

I'm keeping this post short today because I have tons of stuff going on--projects to work on, appointments to keep, that sort of thing--but I'm working hard to keep my goal of weekday blogging.

Today I am grateful. . .
--that my sons talk to me--my older boys especially. I love my teenagers. Yes, they are hard sometimes, but most of the time I just really enjoy them. I love their senses of humor, their thoughtfulness, their determination and work ethic. They are interesting, kind, fun human beings and I raised them.
--for music--All different kinds. I've listened to everything from The Jackson Five to The Killers to Mozart to church hymns in the last 24 hours and I feel like my life has been enriched by all of it.
--for books. Books are a refuge to me. I love the written word fervently. Books are the great escape.
--that I have family who are also my best friends and that we listen to each other's problems, laugh with each other and pray for each other. It's a pretty amazing blessing.
--for cookies. 'Nuff said.



No comments: