Thursday, April 5, 2012

You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Ice Cream

The ice cream truck made a visit to our neighborhood this afternoon. My kids have never gotten ice cream from an ice cream truck before. On a whim I decided that my kids needed this childhood experience. I grabbed my wallet and we went out to wait for him to come make his way around the cul de sac and come back by our house.
I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. Not cheap, but reasonable. Maybe the supply is outweighing the demand at this point in the season. It is just the beginning of April after all.
 
Tank chose an ice cream sandwich, Monkey had a snow cone and Specs was happy with a plain old fudgesicle. Makeema, the maintenance man is apparently a regular of the ice cream truck and has a fondness for ice cream sandwiches too. He is this giant of a man and such a cool guy. It cracked me up when he told me he was there to "embrace his inner child".
 
"Money can't buy happiness but it can buy ice cream and that's kind of the same thing." -Unknown
Ice cream trucks are a little bit magical, don't you think?

Today's Poem:
Bleezer's Ice Cream by Jack Prelutsky
 
I am Ebenezer Bleezer,
I run BLEEZER'S ICE CREAM STORE,
there are flavors in my freezer
you have never seen before,
twenty-eight divine creations
too delicious to resist,
why not do yourself a favor,
try the flavors on my list:

COCOA MOCHA MACARONI
TAPIOCA SMOKED BALONEY
CHECKERBERRY CHEDDAR CHEW
CHICKEN CHERRY HONEYDEW
TUTTI-FRUTTI STEWED TOMATO
TUNA TACO BAKED POTATO
LOBSTER LITCHI LIMA BEAN
MOZZARELLA MANGOSTEEN
ALMOND HAM MERINGUE SALAMI
YAM ANCHOVY PRUNE PASTRAMI
SASSAFRAS SOUVLAKI HASH
SUKIYAKI SUCCOTASH
BUTTER BRICKLE PEPPER PICKLE
POMEGRANATE PUMPERNICKEL
PEACH PIMENTO PIZZA PLUM
PEANUT PUMPKIN BUBBLEGUM
BROCCOLI BANANA BLUSTER
CHOCOLATE CHOP SUEY CLUSTER
AVOCADO BRUSSELS SPROUT
PERIWINKLE SAUERKRAUT
COTTON CANDY CARROT CUSTARD
CAULIFLOWER COLA MUSTARD
ONION DUMPLING DOUBLE DIP
TURNIP TRUFFLE TRIPLE FLIP
GARLIC GUMBO GRAVY GUAVA
LENTIL LEMON LIVER LAVA
ORANGE OLIVE BAGEL BEET
WATERMELON WAFFLE WHEAT

I am Ebenezer Bleezer,
I run BLEEZER'S ICE CREAM STORE,
taste a flavor from my freezer,
you will surely ask for more.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Ebenezer needs to add some bacon ice cream to his list. :) Except I would actually eat that - it's tasty! In my past life I worked in 4 ice cream shops - ice cream = happy me!

Predilections said...

Mmmmm. Bacon. :)