Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Heart Books

I got to go to the library today. By myself. When I'm by myself, the library is one of my favorite places to go. I checked out three regular books and an ebook for our kindle. I also placed a hold on another book that I want to read. I'm so excited for all this new reading material: new friends; new adventures; new lessons to learn.

Last night I went on a date with my husband. We went to the bookstore. It is one of our favorite date spots. He bought a book for $1 off the bargain cart. I just browsed and was perfectly content to do so.

I love, love, love books. I love the way they look. I love the smell of them. I love the sound of their pages turning. I love seeing them lined up in neat rows on my shelves or stacked on my nightstand waiting for me in a kind of untidy anticipation for the free moment I get to pick one up and escape into another world.

Books! Books! Books!

Have I shared this yet?

I saw it on my friend Kitty's blog awhile back and it was love at first sight.

What's the best thing you have read in the last month or two?

5 comments:

Kylie said...

This may be a little silly - but I bought myself the Little House on the Prairie series for Christmas and am currently making my way through those with Baby J. There is something refreshing about reading simple straightforward childrens literature. It brightens my life.

Predilections said...

Not silly at all! I think it's wonderful. Children's literature has proven to be some of my favorite over the years. I also think that it is both sweet and commendable that you are reading to Baby J. :)
P.S. I have never read any of the Little House books but my sister says I am missing out so I am going to add them to my to-read list right now! Thank you for the inspiration.

Kylie said...

When you reach that point on your list I am happy to lend you mine. I love lending my books out - it makes them feel less lonely! :D

Predilections said...

Thanks Kylie! That's very kind of you. :)

Misty said...

I enjoyed reading "Across the Universe" from Beth Revis...the sequel just came out "A Million Suns". I haven't read it yet.