Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hang All the Mistletoe

Mistletoe. I saw it growing in one of the trees in our neighborhood so I stopped and plucked some off. I brought it home and sprayed it for Nargles, then I tied it with a red ribbon and hung it over our front door.

I gave each of my children a kiss on the forehead as they came in the door this afternoon. Tank was the most impressed by my small effort. His face lit up and he said, "Hey Mom, you can have Dad stand under it when he gets home." I told him I thought that was a great idea. So I did.

 I had never eaten a cake ball before, but tonight that all changed. We picked these festive little bites up at the bake sale at Stretch's band concert this evening. They weren't bad. Not bad at all, but I can't say that I think they are all that they are cracked up to be either. I'd rather just eat a cupcake.
Or better yet pie.
Lots of pie.
Here is Stretch all decked out for his concert. I think he looks rather dashing. Kind of like an adolescent James Bond. He is the rocking-est tuba player I know.

P.S. Did you know there is a song called "I Believe in Nargles" by The Whomping Willows. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

heehee Nargles - I love the reference and the song is charming :D