Thursday, December 15, 2011

Funky Christmas

When we were first married a friend of ours gave us this album (on vinyl!) for helping him move. I was thinking about it the other day as I was looking through my Christmas playlist.

I think my in-laws still have it at their house. They are the only people I know of that still have an actual record player. Lucky!

Thinking about this record made me think about how I love giving great, thoughtful gifts but sometimes it is a challenge. I think men are especially hard to buy for, and with a husband, four sons, two brothers, four brothers-in-law, four nephews, a grandpa, my dad and my father-in-law, that is a lot of gifts for guys! (I had a couple of pretty good ideas but they will have to wait until after Christmas to share--I don't want to spoil the surprise).

My Christmas shopping has been mostly done for awhile now but I still have a couple of odds and ends to pick up. Unfortunately no one on my list will be getting anything as cool as "Funky Christmas" this year, although my husband has something pretty sweet lined up for a white elephant gift exchange we're going to tomorrow.

What memorable/epic Christmas gifts (good or bad) have you received or given during Christmases past?

No comments: