Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Am the Mother of a Teenager

Today is Stretch's birthday. I became a mother thirteen years ago today. We celebrated with a pancake dinner (by request) and presents and cake.

Stretch asked me to make peanut butter frosting. I upped the ante by chopping butterfingers (his favorite candy bar) and sprinkling them over the top.
It was delicious.


I don't know what I would do without this kid. He is pretty amazing. Sure do love you, buddy.

P.S. If you like peanut butter, you must try this frosting. It is satiny smooth and delicious.

 Silky Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup heavy cream
With an electric mixer, mix together first five ingredients until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the heavy cream and mix on high until light and smooth.
Makes enough to generously frost one two layer cake with just enough left over for some graham cracker cookies. :)

*A few more pictures and details about my boy HERE.

1 comment:

Fritzi Marie said...

Beautiful Jill,

The little graham cracker sandwich with that yummy frosting that you made me was divine. I imagine that the cake must have been fabulous. Your birthday boy must have been so happy. Here's to an eventful year of adventures to your sweet 13 year old man.

hugs,
Kitty